Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Mazda 6: Hey drew my sister drives a 2009 Mazda 6 . Yesterday

Customer Question

Hey drew my sister drives a 2009 Mazda 6 . Yesterday she parked it and when she went back in the steering wheel was locked and wouldn't let her start the car. Went and tried today got the steering wheel unlocked but the car still won't start. She has the advanced smart key and I noticed where the ignition switch wherre the actual key goes wil start blinking red what does this mean? And Also the steering wheel with the lock
Light is still on even though the steering is no longer locked.. Really need help
With this
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience. From your description sounds like the Keyless Control Module is in fail mode. When the key is flashing the keyless control module is not recognising the key and unlocking the column nor allowing the vehicle to start. Mazda has a technical service bulletin for an updated Keyless Control Module. Also Mazda software is required to program the module. I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where can I find out how to fix the problem
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also I'm still getting the green key on the instrument panel as if it's reading that the correct key is in the car to start however the place behind the steering wheel where a normal ignition switch would go has a red illuminated ring around that flashes around the ignition everyone and then
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
I'm going to have to opted out. I was under the assumption the red key was flashing.