internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years of automotive experience and diagnostic is my specialty.

Pearl, I need to know where to find the TCM on a 2009 Mazda

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I need to know where to find the TCM on a 2009 Mazda 3 Neo BL model Automatic transmission with an LF engine. And also whether this is a swappable part or requires reprogramming
JA: Many things can cause problems with an automatic transmission. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Its a fairly straightforward question
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, but i wont be paying Mazda $1300.00 to fix it for me either
JA: OK! The Mazda Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Okay, excuse my impatience. I've been explaining this to people all day. its throwing up error code U0101. Its sticking in 3rd gear in auto when the DCS and AT lights come on. At some stage while driving they will go out and the car will lurch a little and then start performing normally again. My local mechanic has told me today that all of the sensor checks and fuses are showing okay
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: it has a brake shuddder like the ABS is working all of the time which definitely feels more electronic than a warped disc would
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon.The TCM is under the battery. On the top of the transmission.It does not need to programmed to work.Please rate me positive, thank you!