sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mazda rx8: I was in my vacation weks,after two weks

Customer Question

I was in my vacation for two weks,after two weks when I trie start my mazda rx8 2004 wont start,crank ok.when I put the ignition switch in on position the rpm.gauge start to move up and down.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
do you have an automatic? and how long have you tried to crank it for?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

IT MANUAL TRANS.ENGINE CRANK OK.

when you crank the engine turn the ignition to on and hold the pedal to the floor to shut off fuel and have someone mist it with starting fluid to see if it fires up. the engine may have be flooded rotary engines flood very easily.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

IT NOT FLOODED,I KNOW HOW UNFLOODED, WHEN PUT THE IGNITION SWITCH ON I LISTEN IGNITION RELAY MAKE NOISE CLIP CLIP,ALL TIME .

is there another relay close by that has the same part number on it that you can swap them with to see if this changes anything. also is there any particular reason for you to be typing in all caps?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I SWAP WITH OTHER RELAY AND STILL DOE THE SAME THING,I NEED IGNITION DIAGRAM.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if you have an engine controller issue, either an internal failure or a poor power or ground feed to it. The relay clicking and tach jumping along with a no start condition are indicates that the PCM is just partially waking up.Do you have a scan tool?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

YES I HAVE SCAN TOOL,

The PCM won't communicate, correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I FOUD THE PROBLEM,WAS BAD CONECTION ON POSITIVE BATTERY TERMINAL,I FIX IT WORKING PERFECT.

Great!