peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My ABS light and DCS and AFS lights are on in my dash. The

Customer Question

My ABS light and DCS and AFS lights are on in my dash. The car was wrecked and I replaced Headlight and the ABS module. No codes for any of these problems, in cars computer.
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am suspicions the ABS module has air in it, and that is causing the ABS and DCS light. Does that sound logical?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Fix it myself
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: It is a 2014 MAzda3 S grand touring Hatchback.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the abs module was not calibrated and bled with an automated bleed using a scan tool or similar this can cause issues like this here.I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set in all computers and from there then diagnosed to locate and correct this issue.If the anti lock brake ecu was not programmed this needs done and if the proper brake bleed was not done this needs done as well. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about the Auto focusing headlight (AFS) light that is blinking. Is this something I can fix?
This indicates there is a fault code set in the light system/ecu and the codes need checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate the issue with the lighting issue here.It is difficult to say for sure from here which component is the cause here without knowing the codes set for the issues here and those codes diagnosed and repaired. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete