Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda 6s: . we recently had our 2005 mazda 6s looked at by

Customer Question

Hi. we recently had our 2005 mazda 6s looked at by a mazda dealership. the transmission was giving us problems and not shifting properly. We initially thought the tcm. the dealership said that the tcm was communicating with the computer so all was good with both. but that we needed to change the mass air flow sensor, injector O-rings, and the upper air intake gaskets. I did all today. I looked online to all the methods of reseting everything and the transmission is stuck in 3rd gear and will not accelerate at all. I can put the gas peddle to the floor and there is no increase in rpms like it is not getting gas at all. however, in park, when I push the gas peddle, it will increase the rpms with no problems.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 6 months ago.
any transmission codes?