George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+Years
13574682

Mazda B2600i: I have a 1992 mazda truck b2600i that I bought

Customer Question

I have a 1992 mazda truck b2600i that I bought that motor is blown, five speed trans. what Ford motor will fit in it with little or no modifications. Help please!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, The engine is a Mitsibushi product, no Ford will bolt in and the engine computer will not be capable of running a Ford engine. Try Car-part.com to find a used engine but with the age it may be best to rebuild what you have. In any case you are looking at at least $1000 plus labor to replace. Let me know how I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not the answer I needed maybe worded it wrong need to know what motor will fit a Mazda b2600i
The only engine that will fit with your restriction on "little or no modifications" is the original engine. The computer is matched to the engine. I can't change the facts, there is no interchange here without doing a lot of custom work. Just because you don't like the answer does not change it. Let me know how I can help Thank you