Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

Intermittent steering. I've replaced the steering rack, seering

Customer Question

Intermittent steering. I've replaced the steering rack, seering u joint and the F151-67-shod cable.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm waiting
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I told you already. This must be a computer that I'm communicating with.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: No. Should I replace the computer module next? What else is there?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you with your steering concern I need to know what it is your are working on, year make and model please. It would also be very useful if you could scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting, post back when you can with as much information as you can and we can work from there.