Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Issues with 01 mazda tribute v6 JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

issues with 01 mazda tribute v6
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: only first gear forward
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked cable, replaced neutral sensor, manually shifted lever through all gears on transmission
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: goes forward in neutral, no reverse, when driving forward does not shift out of 1st gear
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Does the shifter feel sloppy like its out of alignment?If this comes down to needing to do internal repairs on your CD4E transaxle, can you do those?Any trouble codes stored?Can you do a pressure test?Can you check and describe the fluid condition, color, and odor?Possible causes so far are a broken weld on the clutch hub, broken 2-4 band, burnt reverse clutch. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris