rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 05 mazda 6, it cranks but won't start. I took it

Customer Question

I have an 05 mazda 6, it cranks but won't start. I took it to a shop and paid $300.00 to have it repaired. two days later it did the same thing. They said that there was gas on the plugs And that was the problem. But they wouldn't tell me what caused the gas build up in the first place.
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is a simple fix and doesn't require special tools. or just take it back to the shop and tell them how to fix it.
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Gas on the plugs is an indication of incorrect valve timing or weak ignition. I hear stories like this way too many times about shops that do these kind of things.They needed to take the time to diagnose the problem, not just replace your spark plugs. If you do go back to that shop again, speak with the service manager or owner to tell them what happened.Thanks, Ron