Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda 6: The engine light on my 2006 2.3 ltr mazda 6

Customer Question

Hi The engine light on my 2006 2.3 ltr mazda 6 has just come on, the car had a slight miss just before it happened . The car starts ok ,runs ok and reveses. The light flashed then came on permanent. When I drive it home (about 6k) it had a slight surge for a short time . Any help will be great thanks
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Mazda 6.Have you had any repairs performed recently or in trying to fix this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no work done on car for 3 years
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
except oil changes/service about 12 mths ago
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
car has done 229,000km
Have you had a chance to pull the codes and see what was stored? I suspect that since the light was flashing, we are dealing with misfire codes.