Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

1995 mazda 626 loses fuel pressJA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

1995 mazda 626 loses fuel press
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It will sometimes idle for awhile then drop, causing my check engine light to come on. Also my gas tank is not holding pressure
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Iam hoping to fix it myself
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Not at the moment, but I am still thinking...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If the fuel system is loosing pressure this in most cases is caused by a failing fuel pump. I would start with checking the voltage to the fuel pump when the system is loosing pressure. If the pump is holding battery voltage and a good ground and your still loosing pressure then that usually means the pump is failing. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.