Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda Tribute: I own a 2002 Mazda Tribute, 3.0L v6. The a/c

Customer Question

I own a 2002 Mazda Tribute, 3.0L v6. The a/c blows only cool air when the vehicle is stopped or in idle/park. Once the vehicle starts moving the air changes to warm, then returns to cool once stopped again. In the past the a/c was ice cold. Two service station mechanics have checked the system and instructed me the system has no leaks and is full if freon. Can you advise?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.
does the compressor cycle on and off fast?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure Mr. John, never had a reason to pay attention. How does that figure into the problem?
that would verify if its low on Freon or not ...it sounds like it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is low freon the only reason the air is not cold? Could there be a problem with the thermostat switch that is preventing setting the air to max cold?
no it sounds like low Freon or its overcharged and freezing up..does it cycle rapidly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will see in the morning when I am enroute to work. Thanks for the advice. It past my bedtime, got to go. I will have it rechecked to see if it is low or freezing up.
Thanks.
ok