Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.

My Mazda mpv (2000) makes this loud noise when I drive it or

Customer Question

My Mazda mpv (2000) makes this loud noise when I drive it or as soon as I turn it on its so loud you can hear me coming from afar it does it all the time but sometimes it don't then I tap on the gas and it shuts up then sometimes it don't it does it when I drive as well what could that be
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Have you done anything yet to try and resolve or diagnose this?Is it a squealing noise?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it a loud noise like it could be power steering water pump I thought it was a filter I changed by the engine but it's loud
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
I am thinking it's possible the drive belt may be loose. What I would do is get a spray bottle and spray some water on the drive belt then fire it up and see if the noise is less or goes away.Second option would be to remove the drive belts, then spin all the pulleys by hand and see if any feel rough.Make sure your air conditioning is off when you start the engine as well. Sometimes if the compressor is failing it can make a heck of a racket.please try this and let me know.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!