Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I just had my engine and battery replaced on my 2007 Mazda

Customer Question

I just had my engine and battery replaced on my 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback in March(2 months ago). Its been running like a champ until I locked my car by using my key fob.(which I usually do not lock my car when I park it in the garage). Anyway, I opened my car on the passenger side after pushing open button on my key fob and tried starting it by reaching over from the passenger side as I always do to warm it up for a minute and it wouldn't turn over at all. No clicking or anything. The windows/radio work fine. What is going on? Please help?
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Also, I tried jumping it and disconnecting/reconnecting battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: Trying to fix it myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .What is the voltage at the starter when the key is turned to start?