Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Changed out the plastic key fobe now the car won't start,

Customer Question

Changed out the plastic key fobe now the car won't start, locking system is working fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As I said just sealed out the plastic part transferred the inner parts to the new fobe. Door locks are working fine was wondering if the red panic button might have something to do with it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it apart and back together. This doesn't make sense. The key is oringal.
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: No, it's dead as a door nail the battery is fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model?Is this the key fob non integral to the key or the one built into the key?Is the theft light flashing rapid while the key is on?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris