Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import

Can you help set the timing mazda tribute 2002 2ltr 4cylinder

Customer Question

can you help set the timing for a mazda tribute 2002 2ltr 4cylinder engine
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at sussing out engine issues, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have changed the timing belt. i removed it and rotate the engine to top dead center then put the belt. now it has no power and its not running smooth
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes and does the camshafts have marks to guide me
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: i just need a timing set up diagramme and guidance only
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. After the timing belt was replaced when the poor running occurred did you try to do a cylinder compression test at all to see if there is low compression on one or more cylinders possibly causing this issue here? Let me know so we can continue from here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes can you help me with the setting out timing procedure after engine oevrhaul.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if you have a diagramme please send me
Did you do a compression test at all?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes to all
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
have no money for calls
O.k.,unfortunately after looking into the info I have on this model here I dont have the exact timing diagram myself but someone else here might have this info.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Greg replied 5 months ago.
One question before i send you the timing diagram for this engine why did you replace the timing belt ,did it snap or just a normal maintenance timing belt change . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
normal maintenance
Expert:  Greg replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you and good morning . Here are the diagram you asked for and please if there is anything you need please let me know, Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.