sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 2006 mazda s6 wont start and doesn't even click or crank

Customer Question

My 2006 mazda s6 wont start and doesn't even click or crank panel lights up but keyless door locks won't work radio and a.c. doesn't come on. Brand new battery as well.
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Mazda Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It makes no noise when trying to start. No click nothing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The negative battery post was loose so I tightend it and tried jumping with the same result
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Well when it was starting the starter screamed a little right after it started. Drive to the store and shut of car. Came back and turned the cart to start and it did nothing except my faves lit up but no radio and no a.c. and keyless doors don't work. There usually a light when the key is turn to on that has a key symbol then shuts off before starting. But that light doesn't come on either. My key is really loose and wiggled on the fob
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Automatic or manual transmission? This could be anywhere in the starting system from the key being bad to ignition switch, PNP or clutch switch, starter relay or starter, so you will need a voltmeter for testing
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still with me
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, ok, does it have the 2.3 or 3.0 engine? Do you have a voltmeter for testing
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3.0 meter but I have no voltemeter at the moment
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, I will opt out and see if another expert can help as I dont know what I can do to help you in diagnosing an electrical condition when you dont have the testing equipment other than guess and throw parts at it
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that can cause a no crank condition and it will almost surely take some electrical testing, possibly utilizing a scan tool, to determine what is going on.Are you able to tap on the starter while a helper tries to start the engine?