Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Just bought a used 2008 CX-9. when i put CD in the changer

Customer Question

Hi just bought a used 2008 CX-9. when i put CD in the changer it rejects the CD with message "check CD"... is this a known issue with this car? how can i fix it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: thank you!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: ideally yes
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: that's all i have noticed so far. only had the car for a few hours..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Roy Scarlett replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to try to help with your problem. The CD's you are trying are they recorded or purchased. Sometimes the car CD players will not play certain CDs if they are recorded at home.