Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Keeps overheating JA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question

Keeps overheating
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just replaced the thermostat
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced the water reservoir and the thermostat as the engine heats up I can hear the fans turning on as the spin faster I can see the temp gauge moving up. I touched the hose the goes from the radiator to the engine it does not get hard not sure if water is flowing to the engine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: No codes on dashboard
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you give me the year, make and model of your Mazda? How fast does it heat up when you first start the ar?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2004 Mazda MPV I start the engine cold temp gauge goes to mid after 5 min or so I can here the fans turning on at a low speed as the engine starts getting hot as the fan speed increases I can see the the temp gauge going up. I have replaced water reservoir and thermostat so far. Problem continues.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As soon as the Fans come on heats rather quickly within 3 min i drove it a block after it warmed up and temp gauge went 3/4 I stopped until engine cooled.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You are taking too long to answer I've already fixed my car.
thanks anyway