Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import

Cx9 02/08 v6 I have a engine light coming on after about 1/2

Customer Question

Cx9 02/08 v6 I have a engine light coming on after about 1/2 hour of driving the code is P2270 HO2S heater exhaust sensor signal stuck lean Bank 1 sensor 2 question is which is bank 1 and 2 and how do I confirm that the o2 sensor is at fault
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
First check the exhaust system is not leaking .Then check and test the wiring harness on the bank 1 rear sensor after the catalytic converter .Check that the connector is clean and connection is good .If wiring is not damaged from rubbing or burning from exhaust replace the sensor .In most cases with this code just replace the sensor as it has stop switching and is stuck .Bank 1 is the side the spark plug one ( cylinder 1 )is fitted .which is the bank on the firewall / bulkhead. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Greg only just got the reply I have sorted then problem out 6 hours ago
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Okay no problem, just got on line as early in the morning on this side of the pond . Thanks for letting me know, have a great week and happy motoring . Greg