peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

How to set a Mazda 2.3 at TDC to perform timing work

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Can you tell me the year of this model?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2008 Mazda CX-7 2.3 turbo
Unfortunately here is a note I found when looking up these marks. "Mazda's 2.3 Turbo engine [L3] does not have timing marks. Instead, the timing alignment procedures presume technicians have the proper special service tools (SSTs). For correct alignment, it is imperative that Mazda's procedures are followed explicitly." I can post the complete procedure here on how this is done but it does require some special Mazda dealer tools to do this. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the SST to hold the crank from the hole in the block
I am showing several different timing tools here.###-##-####07202205-12649 C017 5A0303-1061 (49 UN30 310610)49 H010 401 All of these tools are needed on this here.If you dont have these tools to do this repair then it isnt recommended. Thanks Pete