EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership experienceASE Certified L1-L2
34559540

The noise is a metal to metal rubbing noise.

Customer Question

My name is Russ & the noise is a metal to metal rubbing noise. My van drifts left & I recently had front brakes installed. I didn't notice the problem until 4 or 5 months after the installation.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not a chance, however I have a neighbor that may be up for the challenge.
JA: OK! The Mazda Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: I have a 2003 Mazda MPV ES Purchased new. Always well taken care of. 112,800 miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.
Hi. The first thing you should do is to check the all the tire pressures and tires for signs of wear. THat can cause your drift. And check the front suspension out for tightness. For your noise concern, you may want to check the front wheel bearings and you will want to check to make sure the pads in the front are wearing correctly which if not, could be an indication of a sticking caliper. Can have these things checked and let me know?