Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

The ignition switch is Mazda p/n D00166151A. JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

The ignition switch is Mazda p/n D00166151A.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: A female connector, (2) on the diagram has been damaged (due to a short) sometime back. It is literally welded to the plastic housing on the ignition switch. I need the p/n of the connector and the unnumbered connector that piggybacks into the main connector.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't want to disable my car until I have all the parts I need to repair it.
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: It will be necessary to remove p/n 1 (D00166151A) together with the two (2) connectors, splice all wires to the new connectors and insert them all together when I install the new parts.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I spent several hours yesterday looking for a better partsbook page depiction of these parts - but have had no luck.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 11 months ago.
what is the year make and model of this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1990 Miata
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not if it will cost me $26.00I will appreciate to receive your reply by email.Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is a 1990 Mazda MX 5 Miata, base model 1.6L 1597CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated engine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1990 Mazda Miata MX-5 1.6L 1597CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated Engine