Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Will not engage the starter.. red car on dash with key on it..

Customer Question

will not engage the starter.. red car on dash with key on it.. lights, fan door locks all work, windows wont roll down..
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: 2008 mazda 3
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just told you..won't start.. lights and everything works but the windows.. will not engage the starter.. can not get it out of park.. just have a red car with key in the middle flashing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can at all.. if not will have to take it to dealer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2008 Mazda 3
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I noticed a fine solid wire ground that grounds at the glove box. it goes back toward the steering wheel above the stereo. have not checked continuity but could that have anything to do with my problem
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am sorry for the long delay. I do not know why someone else did not assist earlier. I have worked down the list and here I am now. Do you still need help?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris