Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 35 yrs, Diag/Electrical Specialist

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: i have a 05 mazda

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: i have a 05 mazda mpv
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: got no electrical power,no headlights no horn everything
JA: Working headlights are essential for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: but then i can hear a clicking sound under the dash and after like 10 minutes electrical power is back but then if i try to crank the engine,all electrical power lost
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: in summary ,,i cant able to start the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am Randall, No way to lose all power to everything unless a problem at a battery connection or battery etc, as many things run directly off the battery, The fact that you can regain power and begin to crank engine leans more to a battery connection, With this said? you need to remove BOTH battery terminals, clean them with sand paper /file etc and wiggle them back on and I am thinking all will be ok, Another connection to check is the big wire going to the under hood fuse box, Where it connects to fuse box could be a bad connection so locate that and wiggle it by hand to see if power comes back,