FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician Trainer

Mazda Cx7 suv: I just bought a 2007 cx7 2.3 litre turbo with

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 cx7 2.3 litre turbo with 210.000 k and the top speed wont go over 140kph any idea whats going on there it has a timing chain rattle when started it was a lease car and should have been well serviced any idea why its so slow its not blowing smoke
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No not that i have seen i will check it this arvo when i finish work
Please let me know when you can. Typically if there is some noise from the timing chain that can cause the valve timing to be slightly off which will limit the engine speed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no engine light on
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. If there is a timing chain rattle then you more than likely have an issue with the variable timing actuator. It is a common failure on this engine. When it fails the cam timing will not change as it should. A clog in the exhaust such as a bad catalytic converter can also cause this.