Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Mazda CX9: My Mazda locked me out of the car. I started it

Customer Question

My Mazda locked me out of the car. I started it and went to move another car and came back and it locked me out. I had to call AAA for help. How can I avoid this in the future?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The only way a car can lock up on its own is from an electrical failure inside or by accidentally locking the vehicle while exiting. If you have never had a locking issue prior while sitting in the car and or while driving. Then I bet you accidentally locked it.A spare key hidden somewhere on the vehicle is one option. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried to open it with the spare but it wouldn't open. I used the actual key and the buttons on the spare and the doors wouldn't open. I had to get AAA to open the window. Good thing it was already cracked. I'm told this is a security measure, which I find ridiculous. So I want to know how to disarm it.
I have never heard of nor seen nor experienced nor read about in the Mazda repair guides a safety feature the locks the vehicle when you shut the door while running. I suggest you have someone in the vehicle and you get out and try to duplicate this scenario. I highly doubt you would be able to get this to occur again. There is nothing to disable.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay. I'll give it a whirl.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris