Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import

The floor board on my 2006 Mazda 6 on the driver's side keeps

Customer Question

The floor board on my 2006 Mazda 6 on the driver's side keeps getting soaked with water.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, unless I have no clue on what I would be doing
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to a local mechanic last year and they checked all the a/c drain lines, door seals, and then pulled up the entire carpet and air dried my car
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: I don't think it is the A/C condensation drain because I always have a pool of water under my car after it's parked from driving with the AC on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi . Few possible issue that cause this problem of water buildup on drivers side .One will not be the A/C as this will fill the passengers side . 1st most common issue is the sunroof drains they tent to get blocked up and the rain waster makes it way past the tube and run down the side of the A pillar drain then into the drivers side .All you have to do is open the sunroof and with a long automotive air brake hose about 5 ft long us this as a push rod and push this down the drain tube which are on the front corners ..this will clear the drain hose and if you have to hand compressed air connect this to the brake hose and blow though , water dirt etc will come out just behind the front wheels . Second most common is a leaking front windscreen use garden hose and spray water over the front windscreen and have a second person check inside for leaks .pull the A pillar cover and you may see water ingress just there. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.