peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Mazda MPV ES: I HAVE A 01 MAZDA MPV WITH A 2.5L HAVE A CODE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 01 MAZDA MPV WITH A 2.5L HAVE A CODE P1450 FOR EXCESSIVE VACUUM HOW DO I FIX OR DIAGNOSE
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Below is the procedure that needs followed for this fault code on your model here to locate and repair this issue.https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9twfcyzp0x53rx/p-04-20.gif?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/q601invlbntqkqj/p0-04-20.gif?dl=0 If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS PROCEDURE AND HAVE FOUND THERE TO BE NO ISSUES WAT OTHER INFO DO YOU NEED
Have you checked for any vacuum leaks on the engine at all with this issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes there are no vacuum leaks the code is p1450 which is for excessive vacuum. I have replaced the charcoal canister and the purge solenoid due to the canister being soaked in fuel and I have replaced the cdcv vale, all the lines are free and clear of all debris and clogs, the evap air filter has no restriction in it, the evap catch tank is clear as well, all components seem to work properly, I am not sure if I have a bad pcm I have no other codes just the p1450.
Was the fuel tank pressure sensor replaced?I know this to be a common component to fail and cause this issue here and have had to replace several before for issues like this here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that's my next step im waiting for the part ill let you no if it fixes the issue thanks
Your welcome.If it does not resolve the issue here then I would see this as the PCM at fault but most likely the fuel tank pressure sensor is the cause here due to the common failure of it. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete