peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Penny ***** *****, my car would not start replaced the battery

Customer Question

Penny ***** *****, my car would not start replaced the battery car starts. rpm jump up and down . when i go to excelerate it has little power and then takes off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: going down the road there is bucking i step on gas and car seems to want to die. looses power going up a hill.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If this all only occurred after the battery was replaced this can be due to a learn procedure lost due to the battery voltage being disconnected or due to a weak or dead battery.On some models a scan tool or computer is needed to plug into your vehicle to read out any codes set then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.The scan tool or computer is also used to relearn any idle or throttle adaptations to correct this issue.Most shops or a dealer will have the tool to do this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete