Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

There are no lights on my cx-5 at allJA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

There are no lights on my cx-5 at all
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car is brand new and full of gas
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes! I need to get to work
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband and I are about to jump it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mazda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: but why would the battery be dead after less than 2 months?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: there is no electricity whatsoever. No light show up. Nothing. The key won't work. Nothing.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 2 months!!!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionOk, so this is a 2015 or 2016 CX5, correct? When you say no lights, do you mean no headlamps or taillamps, or no lights to dash, interior or exterior lights as in no power Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much detail as possible