Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda 6 Mazdaspeed: I bought the 2009 mazda 6 a couple of years

Customer Question

I bought the 2009 mazda 6 a couple of years ago used. I was very satisfied until the first time the push starter stayed red. I had it towed to at Mazada Dealer in Bedford, Ohio. I was without my car for five days and was charged closed to $600.00 to solve the problem. When I purchased this car I bought the extended warranty and since they could not diagnose my problem - I could not use the warranty. The dealer got the car started again and needless to say that it stopped again two months later. I had it towed to my local mechanic and he got it started again. This occurred in August to the the price of $295. The past Friday I had the same problem. My key will not work and has not worked since I bought the vehicle. Where can I take this car for the recall I read about today in the mazda recall /Pearlie Cox(###) ###-####
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 11 months ago.
Hi Pearlie, my name is ***** ***** the red key light comes on, and the red light on the push button ?