sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mazda 6: 04 MAZDA 6 2.3 CAR CRANKS UP AND PULLS OFF IN PAR

Customer Question

04 MAZDA 6 2.3 CAR CRANKS UP AND PULLS OFF IN PARK
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It appears that the transmission moves forward when the shifter is in park. If that's the case then you either have a linkage issue or a problem in the transmission itself.What was the reason for replacing the transmission?Where did the replacement come from?Can you describe the symptoms in detail?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Doin the same as the old transmission it's not just moving you can crank it up and it will take off
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still in park
Your post both says that it will not move and that it will take off while still in park. Can you explain exactly what the symptoms are?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still in park it takes off as if it's in drive ,I have a shop and have a lot going on I will try to answer you as fast as I can
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just unlike both trans doing the same thing
Can you put the shifter in park with the engine off and see if you're able to push the car, or if you feel a mechanical lock?