Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have a 04 MPV that cranks but doesnt start. I do not have

Customer Question

I have a 04 MPV that cranks but doesnt start. I do not have spark but do have power to ignition coils. The computer will not communicate with the ecm. I think this might be the problem but not sure. I picked up a replacement ecm from the junk yard but same issue. I checked the grounds and power to the ecm and all is good. Please help
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mazda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.That type of issue can be caused by several things, most common of which are lack of power to the ECM (fuses, ignition switch) or anti-theft system enabled. Can you check those items and let me know what you find?