Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda Protege5: Jerry, I have 2003 Mazda Protege5. The driver

Customer Question

Jerry,
I have 2003 Mazda Protege5. The driver side blinker does not work but the passenger side works perfectly. The bulbs are good. There is no click noise when I push the stalk down and nothing blinks on the whole left side of the car, front rear or side. When I push the hazards, only the passenger side of the car blinks. I was thinking it was the flasher relay but if the passenger side works fine, how could it be? Can you help?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .That is more than likely in the combination switch. It uses the same flasher for the hazard and turn signal lights. There is a test that can be done to it with an ohm meter to be sure though..If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test and instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,