Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

2005 rx8 blows cold air when heat is turned on JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

2005 rx8 blows cold air when heat is turned on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: It started with the heat working sometimes but has turned to all cold. Sometimes when the temp is turned to cold warm air comes out
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mazda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you place your hands on both heater hose at the firewall with a warmed up engine are both hoses getting nice and hot. Check this and see. If both hose are not hot then that would indicate you have a coolant flow concern. This can be caused by either the system is low on coolant or the core is restricted. Before you do anything lets get the hoses checked and post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.