Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda RX-8: , I have a 2005 mazda rx8, out of nowhere my

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 mazda rx8, out of nowhere my front headlights went out, both low beam and high beam as well as my fog lights up front went out. Every other light in the car is still working, I replaced the fuses even though I knew that was not the problem since they all went out at once.. any suggestions, have you ever heard of this??
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Power for the headlamps as well as the fog lamps come from the head lamp relay, do you have daytime running lamps On your RX-8?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I don't have daytime lamps on the car, I went to the autozone close to me to get a new relay, the guy came outside with me and took a pair of plyers and touched the relay, when he did so you could hear a little noise, he said because of that it means it still has power and is still good, is this true??
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Okay let me send you the wiring diagram . See it below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. I would start first with checking to see if the headlamp relay is supplying power to the fuse and if knot see if you have power to the relay . Have a look at the wiring diagram for the wires to check at the relay.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Head%20lamp%20relay%20Apr%206.pdf