AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I was wondering what fuse needs to be changed stereo?

Customer Question

I was wondering what fuse needs to be changed for the stereo?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Mazda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 10 months ago.
Hello. what is the year and model of your Mazda? I will take a look at the fuse diagram for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
96 B3000
Ok. They are giving almost no information on the fuses in your vehicle. . They have provided absolutely no fuse locations or anything like that. I am looking at the wiring schematics and have located the fuse in the schematic. It specifies a 10A fuse located on the fuse panel in the passenger compartment. Take a look in the passenger compartment fuse panel and look for a blown 10A fuse. Let me know what you find.
There is also a 7.5A fuse in the same fuse panel that comes from the ignition switch to the stereo. Check that fuse as well.
I believe they are in position 20 and 29
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Fuse box not there in engine
There should be a fuse panel in the engine compartment and in the passenger compartment. The fuses for the stereo are in the fuse panel in the passenger compartment. It is on the driver side not too far from where your left knee would be while driving. You will have to look under the dash. It may have a cover on it but it's there.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't find it on passenger side
It's on the driver side in the passenger compartment under the dash
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found it it was on the side of my dash on the left hand side. All fuses look good. So my stereo may need a new fuse. This winter when I got a jump someone put the cables on wrong and blew my battery up as well as my dash and alternator.
Is the stereo the only thing that's not working? There are 2 large 50A fuses under the hood that you might check as well.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes stereo is only thing not working. I fixed everything else. I will look at the other fuses right now.
Given the circumstances, there's no guarantee that the stereo didn't get damaged when this happened. Look over every fuse in both compartments. If they all look good, remove the stereo and check to see that it's getting power.