peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

We have a 2007 CX9. We have multiple problems with both key

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, we have a 2007 CX9. We have multiple problems with both key cards. Our car has the lock/unlock button on the door handles, this doesn't work at all. Also, if I use remote start, the car will often not let me drive or cut the engine off.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I have experience with moderate vehicle maint.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Batteries in both fobs, fuses, connections with remote transmitter antennas
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mazda Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If these key fobs started to fail one after another and not at the same time this issue here can be caused by the key fobs themselves at fault needing replaced.This is usually the most common cause.But if they both failed to operate the vehicle at the same time this would be a separate issue here and not the fobs at fault causing this.Let me know if they failed at different times or at the same time here and we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hey Pete thanks for your reply. I understand that the fob could be causing some issues, but the buttons on the passenger and driver door handles don't work regardless of which fob we use.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

Your welcome.

Was anything after market wired into your vehicle at all when or before this issue occurred here?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sir the vehicle is stock.

Have you had the fault codes checked with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set at all?