Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

I have a Mazda 3 2010. The check engine light and AT light

Customer Question

My name is***** have a Mazda 3 2010. The check engine light and AT light are on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is Jerry and I will be happy to assist you today.

There are many areas in the power train controls that will make the light come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer.

The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool. Not only a parts store can clear it but any shop with a scan tool.

When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.