sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Code retrieval, I have a 92 mazda b2600i. Running rough. I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: Code retrieval
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 92 mazda b2600i. Running rough. I have tried getting codes by grounding out green pin and putting led light on obd terminals but get no flash whatsoever. I tried disconnecting tps to maybe cause it to blink but still nothing .
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just told you
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: In addition to the testing I have replaced distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, wires, and fuel filter as they have at least 60,000 miles on all of them
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could be causing it to run rough. You may have a fuel quality issue or possibly low pressure, it could be a sensor issue, it may be an engine mechanical concern such as valve leakage.

Is the engine light actually on while running? If not, does it do a bulb test when the key is first turned on? The light should have come on for sure if the TPS was unplugged with the engine running.