Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

2014 Mazda cx5 when we turn off ignition the car starts

Customer Question

2014 Mazda cx5 when we turn off ignition the car starts clicking under the hood (like a bomb). Once you start the car it goes away, turn if off and it is right back. I you just press the start key (don't actually start the engine) the clicking with stop. Had just gotten gas so thought maybe it was the gas cap. Loosened it and re-inserted it, clicking stopped for a few minutes but started up again. The check-engine light did come on.
First time this has happened.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. Can you open the hood and look and listen around and try to explain the part or show me with a picture which is to blame?