Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

P2009 on engine code, Have a mazda 3 sport 2005 model,

Customer Question

P2009 on engine code
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Have a mazda 3 sport 2005 model
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: engine code is p2009 intake manifold runner control circuit low (bank 1)
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Mazda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mazda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mazda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** by checking the resistance of the VTCS solenoid to determine if it is open or shorted. There is no published resistance specification, however, it should be about the same as the one next to it. Replace the solenoid if the resistance is no good. If the solenoid resistance s good, verify there is battery voltage to the VTCS solenoid when the key is on, if not, check for a broken wire in the engine wiring harness. If the above test results are good, check Blue/Orange wire of VTCS solenoid for an open or short to ground between the solenoid and terminal 4T of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) connector. Of the two solenoids that are next to each other on the intake, this is the one to the driver's side of the vehicle. This solenoid is turned on (grounded by the PCM) below 140 degrees and below 3700 RPMs. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where is the vtcs?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

On the intake manifold, here is a picture. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cant seem to find the part on the internet for the VTCS solenoid
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can you tell me what number is ***** vtcs on the diagram
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

It is #10 on the picture. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.