Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Need to know location of oil pressure switch on 01 mazda

Customer Question

need to know location of oil pressure switch on 01 mazda tribute v6
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: need to replace oil sending unit on mazda tribute with a 3.0 v6 where is it location on the engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, The expert you have requested in not online at the moment , My name is ***** ***** I will help you with this, sorry for the delay.

The oil pressure sending unit is located on the left side of the engine on the block just above the AC compressor. Unfortunately to access it you will need to unbolt the compressor and move it out of the way. See the loaction in the link below.

Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/oil%20pressure%20sending%20unit%20Mar%2022.pdf