internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years of automotive experience and diagnostic is my specialty.

2014 Mazda CX-9 failed inspection because the monitors were

Customer Question

2014 Mazda CX-9 failed inspection because the monitors were "not ready" - Car was jump started a month ago, and car has been driven for hundreds of ***** ***** since, but the monitors are still in this "not ready" status.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's the only issue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  internal88 replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Mazda tech.

Here is the driving pattern you will need to do to make it ready.

Drive the vehicle locally stop and go traffic for 30 miles. City driving do not go over 35 mph.

Then drive another 30 miles highway speed at 50-60 mph.

Then bring the car in the inspection station while the engine is warm. Your car should be ready at that time.

You are allow to have 2 emission components not ready.

I have recommend this advice to my customers with success.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried these steps and it did not work. Any other ideas?

How many components are not ready?

• As soon as the engine starts, idle the engine in drive for two and one-half minutes, with the air conditioning (A/C) and rear defrost turned on, if equipped.
  • Turn the A/C and rear defrost off, and accelerate to 55 mph under moderate, constant acceleration. Hold at a steady speed of 55 mph for three minutes.
  • Decelerate (coast down) to 20 mph without braking (or depressing the clutch for manual transmissions).
  • Accelerate again back to 55 to 60 mph.
  • Hold at a steady speed of 55 to 60 mph for five minutes. Decelerate (coast down) to a stop without braking.

Try this.

Expert:  internal88 replied 5 months ago.

Did it work out?