Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Changing front rotors 2008 CX-9. I've been able to remove

Customer Question

Dave. Changing front rotors 2008 CX-9. I've been able to remove the caliper and guide bolts but can't get the 19 mm bolts loose.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, tried parts blaster, a mini sledge to shake loose any rust, air impact wrench and even a little bit of heat from a benzomatic torch. They are not even budging. Never had this before. I'm wondering if there is some item I am obviously overlooking. Don't have a shop manual.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you are taking those bolts out correctly

they become very rusted and are very tight to break loose usually a big breaker bar will break them loose and a few i have had to put a ***** *****dle on the breaker bar for leverage

try that and if they still will not move they will need to be heated up cherry red to break them loose

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?