Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

My 05 mazda 6 all of a sudden got stuck on 3rd gear n the

Customer Question

My 05 mazda 6 all of a sudden got stuck on 3rd gear n the battery Ight came on while waiting at McDonalds drive thru
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car was perfectly fine while i was at the McDonalds but when I tried to pull up to pay the car didn't move at first that's when I looked n saw the battery light on n stuck on third gear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Trying
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your mazda?
Customer: Nope that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The battery light comes on when the system is seeing a problem with the charging voltage usually due to a failing alternator. In order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to start first with having the charging system tested. Normal charging voltage should be right at 14 volts at the battery with the engine running. Let start with checking this first and we can work from there.