Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

I want to know if a engine computer of a 2000 mazda protege

Customer Question

I want to know if a engine computer of a 2000 mazda protege manual is compatible with a motor of a 2000 mazda 626
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I replace the motor of my 2000 mazda protege with a motor of a mazda 626, the car try to start but do not stay on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I want to know what my options are?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: I replaced everything I think could be the problem. I just want to know if a change the motor for a mazda 626 do I need to change the engine computer too or it is compatible?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time you change the computer it will need to be programmed for the car its being installed into . The computer out of a Protege will not be the same as the one for a 626.