Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I have A2005. MAZDA TRIBUTE JUST REPLACED MOTOR CANG GET IT

Customer Question

I have A2005. MAZDA TRIBUTE JUST REPLACED MOTOR CANG GET IT RUNNING RIGHT MAKES CHATTERING SOUBD AND CUTS BACK AFTER 50 MPH
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Bought motor used 2.3 when received motor mount WS broke mechanic replaced then it had a small knock was advised to put in sea foam quieted the knock now when running it has a bad chattering and after fifty mph it cuts back really bad anotber mechanic said fuel pump but didnt help any suggestions cant go anywhere like this so loud
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Motor has a one year warranty but still ain't no good been without a car for seven weeks now help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Anyone there
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With out being there to hear the noise it dose sound like you may have a timing chain rattling. That being said if you are able to do so, can you scan the computer and see if there are any fault code setting. In most cases there should be a fault code and or codes which will give us a much better idea as to what is failing. Post back when you can and we can work from there.