rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

1) What is the cost service, first of all? (2) the question:

Customer Question

1) What is the cost for this service, first of all?
(2) the question: I have a 1991 Mazda Miata that I've had since it was new (BRG with tan leather interior), 97,000 miles.
Recently, I have noticed that when I unlock the car and open the door or trunk--not every time, but often--I get a very noticeable "beep beep," not really loud, but loud enough to hear.
The car alarm system is working properly.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
It first needs to be diagnosed. 1-2 hour labor charge, then you go from there for the repair cost for whatever was found bad.

Thanks, Ron